The Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity – Brick Fanatics’ charity for 2022-23

Noahs Ark Brick Fanatics

Brick Fanatics’ chosen charity for 2022-23 is the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity, based in Cardiff, Wales.

Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity aims to provide the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital for Wales with equipment, facilities and family support services. As the only children’s hospital in Wales, it provides vital care for children and support for their families. Brick Fanatics is aiming to raise £5,000 for the charity’s Jungle Ward appeal and has donated £500 to start the fundraiser.

Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital’s Jungle Ward cares for children with complex medical conditions and mental health crises, as well as rehabilitation for children who suffer brain injuries. Children admitted to the Jungle Ward are often there for longer than children in other wards or require more frequent visits, though some children have short, traumatic stays in the ward.

The Jungle Ward appeal is on-going and aims to raise £1m to transform the ward into an inclusive, stimulating environment that can provide the highest levels of care, and provide a space for families to spend time together during a child’s hospital stay.

To donate and help a child in need, visit our JustGiving page here or donate through the widget below. To put the amount Brick Fanatics is aiming to raise into context, a one-off donation of £15 could fund a pack of essentials for the parent of a child admitted in an emergency, while £77 could pay for a play assistant’s work for a whole day. Brick Fanatics‘ target of £5,000 for the Jungle Ward appeal could then make a real difference.

What is the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity?

The Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity was initially set-up to raise money for the building of the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital. The hospital opened in June 2006, with new facilities opening between 2015 and 2017, and the charity pivoted to raise funds for specialist medical equipment and facilities instead.

Located in Cardiff, the hospital is on the site of the University Hospital of Wales.

1200px Cardiff Childrens Hospital
The Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital, Cardiff (Image: Wikipedia)

What does the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity do?

The Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity fundraises for the hospital, including initiatives such as the Tiny Lives Appeal, which raised £1m and funded specialist clinical equipment for a new 50-cot neonatal intensive care unit.

A play specialist team helps children develop and understand the medical procedures they are facing, as well as recover, relax and relieve anxiety at being in hospital. Often separated from their families for significant lengths of time, play can greatly improve a child’s experience and progress.

The Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity also supports young patients in mental health crises with ‘back on your feet’ packs that contain essential items such as clothes and toiletries.

Services that support families are central to the charity’s activities too, and around 75% of the money raised by the charity in 2020 was spent on services for patients or their families. The remaining 25% went on medical equipment and innovation and direct patient care.

For more information about the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity, visit their website.

Click here to donate to this excellent cause through JustGiving.

[class^="wpforms-"]
[class^="wpforms-"]