You can’t tell us you weren’t curious about whether 10188 Death Star could slot nicely into the Colosseum’s base. It’s basically a big grey ball, and the Colosseum is round, so… it’s just maths?
And just like that, Ian Vining has done the sums, by which we mean dropped his Death Star into the largest LEGO set ever released. But rather than seeing these two huge sets collide in an intergalactic disaster – the kind that could see 12,389 bricks scatter across his table, living room floor, and probably into the great beyond – Ian was instead greeted by a marriage of perfect proportions.
Just look how neatly the Death Star sits in the Colosseum. It’s like it was meant to be. There’s probably an allegory to be had here – something about the height of the Roman Empire and the parallels with the Galactic Empire – but this isn’t a history lesson. It’s a maths lesson, and we’ve just learned a whole lot about the geometry of these two LEGO models.
Okay, yes, £449.99 is a lot of money to spend on a fancy base for your LEGO Death Star. But if you really want both these sets and only have room to display one, well, now you know what to do: go forth and spend. We’ll take full responsibility when your bank account starts weeping.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO Colosseum through any one of our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets04/03/2024LEGO Ideas Snow White designer feels ‘let down’ by the LEGO Group
- News04/03/2024LEGO teases ‘surprises’ for Mario Day 2024: ‘Something is coming’
- News04/03/2024LEGO Mario Day 2024 deals available now – double points, 40% off
- March 2024 sets03/03/2024LEGO Speed Champions 76921 Audi S1 e-tron quattro review