Boy saves his sister from choking on LEGO piece

A 10 year old boy has been described as a hero after performing the Heimlich manoeuvre when his sister almost choked on a LEGO element.

Harrison Walmsley, a 10 year old from Blackburn in the UK, saved his 6 year old sister, Eva, when she almost choked on a LEGO brick. The young boy recalled first aid advice and performed the Heimlich manoeuvre in order to help her, the Bolton News reports.

It was through school that Harrison was familiar with first aid techniques. “The Flat Stan first aid training provided Harrison with the skills and confidence to help his sister in this emergency situation,” said his father, Brian. “Harrison is a naturally calm boy and we are exceptionally proud of him for remembering what he was taught and for putting that into action.”

Eva rushed into her brother’s room with the LEGO piece lodged, at which point he called his parents and performed the Heimlich manoeuvre. After a check up at the hospital, the six year old wad discharged.

To continue to support the work of Brick Fanatics, please buy your LEGO sets from LEGO.com and Amazon using our affiliate links.

Graham

Graham is the Editor of BrickFanatics.com, with plenty of experience working on LEGO related projects. He has contributed to various websites and publications on topics including niche hobbies, the toy industry and education. If you would like to get involved with Brick Fanatics, as a builder, writer or photographer – then please contact Graham at [email protected]

Graham

Leave a Reply