The official images and the full description have been shared with Recognised LEGO Fan Media so that AFOLs can get a peek at what is coming on August 1, after early VIP access from July 17.
Take a nostalgic journey with this LEGO® Creator Expert replica of the world-famous double-decker London Bus. Grab the hand pole and step onto the open rear boarding deck, complete with a used ticket bin and fire extinguisher. Then take the half-spiral staircase to the sightseeing deck where you’ll find a cozy seating area and a number of other items, including a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and even discarded chewing gum stuck under a slightly-worn seat. Slide the door to access the driver’s cab with panoramic windscreen, lift the hood to reveal the engine, remove the roof and upper deck to access the interior, and choose your favourite decade with the reversible transit-advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present-day London promotion. From the distinctive lines and curves of its bright-red bodywork, to its specially made standard-tread tires and destination sign, this beautifully crafted model oozes authenticity and intricate details that capture the character and charm of a celebrated London icon!
Celebrate iconic design with this charming double-decker London Bus, featuring a wealth of authentic details, including a bright-red colour scheme, panoramic windshield, specially made standard-tread tires, destination sign, and an open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the upper sightseeing deck. Functions include an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with a sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior with worn look seating and additional authentic details, including a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum. Reversible transit advertising posters are also provided as printed labels with a 1950s or present-day London promotion. This LEGO® Creator Expert model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm.
Enjoy a nostalgic journey with this highly authentic reproduction of the iconic London Bus, featuring classic curved bodywork, panoramic windscreen, specially made standard-tread tires and a detailed interior.
• The London Bus comes with an array of brick-built features and details, including large windows, bright red curved bodywork, panoramic windshield, reversible transit advertising posters provided as printed labels, specially made standard-tread tires and a destination sign. It also has an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior.
• Interior details include worn look seating, open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the sightseeing deck. Additional authentic detailing includes a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum elements.
• Choose your favorite decade with the miniature, reversible transit advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present day London promotion.
• Remove the roof and upper deck for full access to the detailed interior.
• Slide open the driver’s door to access the detailed cab with panoramic windscreen.
• Lift the hood to access the engine.
• Special elements include a new-for-August-2017 tire with standard tread, quarter bows and arches in red, and 1x1x1 A2/3 bricks with vertical studs.
• This model includes more than 1,680 pieces.
• This model is scaled for shelf display alongside other models in the LEGO® Creator Expert vehicle series.
• Measures over 7” (18cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.”