The LEGO House will be a permanent location for the celebration of the LEGO brick, intending to inspire creativity, education through play and imagination. The experience has been under construction for several years in Billund town center, with the official opening date announced today as September 28.
The announcement was made at the LEGO World event in Copenhagen.
A new website for the LEGO House reveals the various activities that will be held within. A free area will allow visitors to access the LEGO Store and spend time in open, public spaces. A paid area will include the following:
- The Masterpiece Gallery will display incredible fan creations.
- The History Collection will cover the LEGO Group’s past, with classic sets.
- Red Zone – this area is about creativity, with an amazing amount of LEGO bricks to get stuck in with.
- Green Zone – all about social skills, this area will have an enormous LEGO world to explore.
- Yellow Zone – making flowers and creatures will help visitors express their emotions.
- Blue Zone – this zone is for cognitive competencies, through building and testing robots and vehicles.
The LEGO House is located in the centre of Billund, Denmark, putting it right at the heart of the company’s birthplace and international headquarters.