Simply use the scanner that is built into the Brick Search app to scan the data matrix (mini QR code) on the underside of a Collectible Minifigure box and it will show you exactly which minifigure is inside. No need to refer to long written out lists of numbers, and you don’t need to memorise any codes now – simply scan and see!
Brick Search can read the large data matrix code as pictured below (smaller data matrix codes are not scannable) and will instantly identify the minifigure inside regardless of the number that the data matrix may contain (data matrixes and their codes will vary depending on country of origin).
Note: cover the barcode that is next to the data matrix, otherwise the scanner may scan that and take you through to the main Series 25 listing.
Once you scan the data matrix, Brick Search will show you the exact minifigure that’s inside by taking you to its listing, as per this Tiktok of the scanner in use. Open the scanner, scan the box, see the minifigure inside – quick and easy!
Now we’re off to the store to build up that army of Tricertops Costumed characters we’ve always wanted…
You can download Brick Search for iOS here and for Android here. Brick Search is the LEGO set app for tracking your LEGO collection, staying on top of your wishlist, and live LEGO set price comparison. And Collectible Minifigure scanning too now.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by buying your LEGO sets using our affiliate links.
- A writer, wrestling and football fan – a long-suffering Everton season ticket holder in fact – and Brick Fanatics contributor, as well as overseeing all things related to Brick Search, the LEGO set app.
- Brick Search14/02/2024Brick Search’s Series 25 minifigure scanner can take the frustration out of minifigure collecting
- Brick Search12/02/2024The most important thing to remember when scanning Series 25 minifigures with Brick Search
- Brick Search11/02/2024How to hack LEGO Minifigures Series 25 blind boxes with the Brick Search app
- Brick Search09/02/2024Brick Search’s LEGO Minifigures Series 25 scanner: find the minifigure you want in seconds