The LEGO Group is launching the Summer range of LEGO Star Wars sets early in Malaysia – with the sets landing on shelves to coincide with May the Fourth, the day used to promote the Star Wars brand around the world.
“Malaysia has a huge Lego fan base,” said Lego Malaysia senior marketing manager Jacob Leighton Rennison at an event in Petaling Jaya to announce the plans. “As such, we have decided [to] launch the new Star Wars sets in the first week of May [here].”
It is set to be one of the most comprehensive LEGOLAND Star Wars days ever presented, including the following activities:
- Dancing Stormtrooper
- Star Wars March with costuming groups the 501st and Rebel Legion
- Free entry for all children in full Star Wars costume
- An interactive storytelling experience at LEGO Star Wars Miniland
- Jedi Academy training for children, with a special certificate
- A commemorative brick for those collect stamps throughout their visit
- Spot a Stormtrooper and Scavenger Hunt challenges
- Build a giant R2-D2 and build your Star Wars world activities
- Visitors will have daily photo opportunities with dancing Stormtroopers and other Star Wars characters including Lego Darth Vader, Jedi, and Princess Leia throughout the park.