40453 Batman vs. The Penguin & Harley Quinn has been available in the UK since January 1, but US fans have been unable to buy the blister pack through the official online store – until now. It switched to ‘available now’ on January 29, and has been in stock ever since.
We can only speculate over the reason for the set’s delay, but it may have something to do with the inventory and production issues the LEGO Group has been facing for the past year, amid coronavirus-fuelled factory closures.
Regardless, the minifigure-centric pack is now available for the tidy sum of $14.99, and as its name suggests, will net you both the Caped Crusader himself and two members of his Rogues Gallery. The Penguin and Harley Quinn are both repeats of minifigures from 2020, but Bats himself is a brand new variant.
That alone will likely be enough to tempt DC fans, especially given this is the only non-Marvel superhero set 2021 has delivered so far. That release pattern matches 2020, though last January did bring us an entire DC-inspired Collectible Minifigures series, so we’re hoping for bigger and better things later this year.
Don’t forget, if you bulk out your 40453 Batman vs. The Penguin & Harley Quinn order with sets to a value of $40, you’ll qualify for 30411 Chocolate Box & Flower, while an $85 order will also net you 40417 Year of the Ox and free delivery.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed