Perhaps proving that its recent price increase isn’t putting anybody off, the oldest currently-available modular building has proven tricky to come by for the first weeks of 2022. The LEGO Group bumped its price tag up from £179.99 to £229.99 in the UK on January 1, but that didn’t stop it from selling out on January 18.
Thankfully, it’s now back in stock – as anyone who’s signed up to our email alerts will already know – and available to purchase with immediate shipping. And even with its price increase, the 4,002-piece set is still great value for money in our books: it’s much bigger and wider than any other modular building, including this year’s 10297 Boutique Hotel.
That’s because it originally arrived in 2017 to mark the 10th anniversary of the Modular Buildings Collection, and consequently sits across a 32×48-stud footprint, compared to the series’ usual 32×32-stud baseplate. And while two of its successors have since been and gone in 10260 Downtown Diner and 10264 Corner Garage, the biggest modular building to date isn’t due to retire any time soon.
In fact, it’s currently scheduled to stick around beyond 10270 Bookshop – which is in line to retire by the end of this year – and into 2023. But that doesn’t mean you should sleep on it, because it genuinely is one of the greatest LEGO sets around right now – as its place in Brick Fanatics’ Top 20 LEGO Sets demonstrates.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed