The LEGO Group’s newest theme has launched today, with eight new sets available to order right now. The range is intended to target China, the company’s fastest-growing market, and will be accompanied by both the animated show and a mini-movie.
The new trailer opens with the fabled Monkey King recounting how the evil Demon Bull King has escaped imprisonment. To defeat this villain once and for all, the hero has sought out a successor in Monkie Kid. The eponymous character then introduces the rest of his ragtag crew, before the human LEGO hero team leader, Neville Lin, pops in to deliver an empowering speech. (This isn’t a typical trailer.)
You can check out the subtitled trailer in full below.
Alongside this clip, the LEGO Group has published an official teaser and trailer for the animated Monkie Kid content that’s coming later this year. You can also check out a behind-the-scenes gallery of the sets being designed, giving a rare glimpse into the LEGO Group’s process.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed