We haven’t seen a full-sized iteration of the Empire’s most lethal fighter since 2003’s 4479 TIE Bomber, but the LEGO Group has come through with multiple mini builds of the ship over the years – most recently in 2013’s 75008 TIE Bomber & Asteroid Field.
Between the tease in Issue 69 and the mini model included with Issue 71 of Immediate Media’s officially-sanctioned LEGO Star Wars magazine, it feels like the LEGO Group is now attempting to seed the idea of another minifigure-scale version with its primary demographic.
The foil-bagged freebie attached to next month’s cover comes in at just 28 pieces, which is even fewer elements than the 45 used to construct a Republic V-wing in this month’s issue – but you do get a couple of larger pieces for what will presumably be a consistent £3.99 cover price. And at this scale, any more bricks would arguably be a waste.
You’ll be able to grab the dual-hulled mini TIE Bomber from May, although no specific street date is listed in Issue 70, which is on shelves now. You can take a closer look inside this month’s mag by clicking here.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed