The British clothing brand currently has an empty product page titled: “HYPE. X LEGO NINJAGO MENS | LEGO MENS CLOTHING.” That suggests we may soon see the introduction of LEGO NINJAGO-themed clothing geared towards adults.
2021 marks the 10th anniversary of one of the LEGO Group’s most successful themes, so it makes sense that the company would be pulling out all the stops to celebrate. And it’s no stranger to partnering with fashion brands, either: in 2020, the LEGO Group collaborated with both Levi’s and Adidas on brand new ranges.
Perhaps the most surprising part of this venture – if it does indeed come to pass as expected – is that the gear will be targeted towards adults. The same was true of the Levi’s range, but the initial Adidas assortment is aimed exclusively at kids. And given NINJAGO as a theme is first and foremost positioned towards younger builders, you’d be forgiven for assuming any clothing line would therefore follow suit.
Then again, 10 years is a long time, and the kids who grew up with the earliest NINJAGO sets could be approaching adulthood by now. Plus, The LEGO NINJAGO Movie’s excellent wave of sets – including the much-revered 70620 NINJAGO City and 70657 NINJAGO City Docks – no doubt brought many more adult fans into the fold, perhaps creating the right market for a collaboration between the LEGO Group and HYPE.
If you’re more interested in bricks than clothing, there will be plenty of physical LEGO sets to celebrate NINJAGO’s anniversary, too. Some have already launched as part of the January wave, each containing a 10th-anniversary golden minifigure (and one of which is currently offering double VIP points). 71741 NINJAGO City Gardens, meanwhile, is scheduled to arrive on January 14, and looks sure to dive into the history of the theme and its accompanying TV series.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO through one of our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed