That’s because orders placed now will only ship from November 29 (or Cyber Monday) in the UK and Europe, a full three weeks after the set’s original launch date of November 8. We haven’t been able to confirm whether the set was ever available with a shipping date of November 8, but its new date suggests it’s either proved incredibly popular, or has simply been delayed until the end of the month.
10294 Titanic can’t be pre-ordered at all in the US, meanwhile, where it’s currently listed as ‘Coming Soon on November 8, 2021’. Whether that will change before that date – allowing fans to secure a copy as early as possible – remains to be seen, but we’ll keep you posted.
Coming in at 9,090 pieces, the enormous and ambitious 10294 Titanic is the second-largest LEGO set to date by piece count, behind only LEGO Art 31203 World Map. And given that set is comprised mostly of tiny 1×1 tiles and plates, 10294 Titanic must surely be the biggest LEGO set to date by weight. (It’s certainly the longest, at an incredible 1.35m.)
All that LEGO doesn’t come cheap, though, with a full retail price of £569.99 in the UK, $629.99 in the US and from €629.99 in Europe. But the upcoming LEGO VIP Weekend, Black Friday and Cyber Monday events could prove a wise time to buy, taking advantage of whatever deals and gifts-with-purchase the LEGO Group has in store for us – even if the set won’t ship until November 29.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)
- Latest08/12/2023First look at new LEGO NINJAGO March 2024 set
- 2023 in review08/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 20 LEGO minifigures of 2023
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024