Determined to make magic on the crowdsourcing platform are Lionel Martin and Max Brich, who collaborated to bring the 2,500-piece build to life in bricks. Their aim was to ‘present a rehabilitated version of the witch, close to nature, benefactress and healer’, in contrast to the character’s typical representation in medieval folklore.
In designing the detailed model, the pair ‘paid particular attention to the structure of the walls and the harmony of the whole’, according to the project’s page. They submitted Witch House on May 18, 2022, and it’s already racked up the required number of votes to progress to the next stage on LEGO Ideas only a few weeks later.
That means the intricately-designed build will now form part of the second 2022 review, and will be considered for production as an official LEGO set by the Ideas review board. We won’t find out whether it gets the green light for a little while yet, though, as the qualifying period for this review will run all the way through to September.
Here’s the full list of projects currently in contention in this review phase, which already totals some 25 different builds:
Red London Telephone Box
Medieval Guarded Inn
Sikorsky S-70i Firehawk Cal Fire Edition
The Krusty Krab – Spongebob Squarepants
Traditional Japanese Village
University of Brickester
The Art Center
The World of Civil Engineering: Types of Bridges
LEGO Mushroom House
Working Polaroid Sun 600 LMS
Jim Henson’s Labyrinth: Escher Room
Lisbon Tram (Elétrico De Lisboa)
Fishing in the Muddy Waters
Escape Game: Carter’s Secret
Auto Repair Garage 1930s
Motorized Steampunk Ship
Indiana Jones, Raiders Of The Lost Ark – 40th Anniversary
Lilo & Stitch: Beach House
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Latest01/03/2024Every LEGO set available from March 1, 2024 – Castle, Star Wars and more
- Latest29/02/2024LEGO March 2024 buyers’ guide – new sets, minifigures, free gifts and more
- News29/02/2024Crowdfunding results prove not all retro LEGO themes are created equal
- News29/02/2024Star Wars video game reportedly cancelled amid industry-wide layoffs